How do I remove a subscriber silently
Use this option to remove an existing subscriber from your list without sending any notification to the subscriber. You can either use our web interface or send a command via email.
To learn how to remove a subscriber and send them a notification, please click on this link: How do I unsubscribe a subscriber?
To learn how to send a command to our system, please refer to this lesson:
How to send single/multiple commands in one email
Using the web interface for this action:
Log into your mail-list account at https://database.mail-list.com.
- Click Manage Subscribers
- Click Add or Remove Subscribers
- Enter subscriber email to add or remove
- Choose desired action under Select Action for These Subscribers
- Choose an email address to send the confirmation
- Click Add/Remove Subscribers
Choose Unsubscribe to remove email addresses and also send the subscriber a notification.
Using an email command for this action:
Alternatively, you can send an email to our system with the command: BOOTOFF
Example of YOUR email to us:
Within a few minutes, you will receive an email confirming the action.
Below is an example of the Command Receipt email:
Below is an example of the second email confirming the action:
Below is an example of the No Action Taken email:
No action is taken for these reasons:
- subscriber email is not on the list
- subscriber email is incorrectly entered in the Command email
This email response will list any close matches found. Please send a new Command for the correct subscriber email address.