How to get mail delivery logs for a Subscriber.
If a subscriber complains about not receiving your messages, we recommend 2 steps to resolve the issue.
Step One - Confirm their email address is included in your list. (If not resolved, proceed to Step Two.)
Step Two - Use the Troubleshoot Delivery option to review recent delivery attempts.
Step One - Confirm Address
Log into your mail-list account at https://database.mail-list.com.
- Click Manage Subscribers.
- Click Troubleshoot Subscriber Email Address.
- Enter subscriber's email address.
- Use one (or all) of the Subscriber History options, one at a time.
- Select the email address to send the results.
- Click Troubleshoot Subscriber.
Step Two - Troubleshoot Delivery
- In the Main Menu, click Troubleshoot Delivery.
- Enter the subscriber's email address
- Click Search Logs.
- Recent delivery logs will appear on screen.
How to Read the Results
Gray - Server incoming messages. Subject line and email addresses are bold. The email address used in Troubleshoot Delivery will be one of possibly 10 emails shown.
Green - The message shown in the Gray section above it was successfully delivered.
Red - The message shown in the Gray section above it failed upon delivery.
What if my Subscriber is not receiving the messages in Red?
The subscriber's ISP is rejecting messages shown in Red. In this case, make a copy of the information in the Red message. Send it to your subscriber and ask them to file a support ticket with their ISP to investigate.
What if my Subscriber is not receiving the messages in Green?
The subscriber's ISP is receiving the mailing list messages shown in Green. We do not know what happens after that.
Ask your subscriber to check the following:
- Are messages shown in their Spam or Junk folder?
- If yes, ask the Subscriber to add your email list address as a Safe Sender.
- Has a filter or rule been created that is sending the message immediately to a folder? (or possibly deleting upon receipt)
- Did they accidentally add your email list name to the blocked list?
If this does not resolve the issue, make a copy of the information in the Green message. Send it to your subscriber and ask them to file a support ticket with their ISP to investigate.