How To Remove Subscribers that have Lost Interest
If your mailing list is not based upon a membership roster, you may want to ask subscribers to Re-Enlist from time to time.
Why would you do this?
A reduction in your list size will reduce the size of your invoice.
How to Re-Enlist
STEP ONE: Send an Email
Send an email to your mailing list using this special phrase in the email body. Be sure to put this phrase on a separate line, by itself:
If you wish to stay on our mailing list, please click the link below:
Anyone that does not click this link by December 1 will be removed from our mailing list.
By using this special phrase, our servers will replace it with a unique link. An example is shown below.
This link contains your mailing list name, as well as the subscriber's email address
After clicking the link, this message is presented:
STEP TWO: Request a Report
Log into your mail-list account at https://database.mail-list.com.
- Click Get Reports.
- Select Reenlisted Subscribers.
- Choose email to receive report.
- Click Send Reports.
STEP THREE: Replace your list
You can use the report received in Step Two to replace your subscriber list.
- From the Main Menu, click Manage Subscribers.
- Click Add or Remove Subscribers.
- Copy the addresses from the email report received in Step Two.
- Paste into the section Enter Subscribers to Add or Remove.
- Select Replace Existing List With These Subscribers.
- Select email to send results.
- Click Add / Remove Subscribers.