Sending attachments as links (Announcement List)
At times, you may need to send an attachment with messages to subscribers. We recommend sending attachments as links.
By using this option, subscribers will not receive the actual attachment with the message. Instead, they will see a link in the message to download the attachment.
There are some advantages to sending attachments as links.
- Your subscriber's ISP will not block the message due to size or spam and virus concerns.
- Subscribers not interested in a particular attachment will not need to wait while it's downloaded. If they choose not to download, their hard drive is not littered with unwanted files.
Just send a message with attachment via email. Our system takes care of the rest.
What Subscribers See
When subscribers receive a message, the top portion includes the information shown below. Subscribers can click the download link to view the attachment.
This method keeps your email size small and more likely to get through spam filters at ISPs.
To learn how to make changes to your Mail-List.com account, refer to this post.
To use this feature:
- Log into your mail-list account at https://database.mail-list.com.
- Click Customize Your List
- Click Posting Messages to List
- Click Send Attachments as Clickable Links
- Click Yes
- Click Save
Optional: Attachment Wording
Attachment wording can be edited, if you prefer.
In the Posting Messages to List Menu:
- Click Attachment Instructions for Clickable Links.
- Change wording.
- Click Save
If your subscriber cannot find the attachment after download, please refer to these instructions: