Subscriber can put certain Author into timeout
This option allows your subscribers to stop future emails from a particular author for a 90-day period.
Each email will have an extra link at the bottom. That link will block future messages from that particular author, if clicked and confirmed. The block will last 90 days, and then any messages from that author will start appearing again for that subscriber.
To allow your subscribers to use this option, please follow the instructions below.
Use the Web Interface to Change Settings
Log into your mail-list account at https://database.mail-list.com.
- Click Customize Your List.
- Click Posting Messages to List.
- Scroll to bottom of menu.
- Click Subscriber can put an Author.........
- Click Yes.
- Click Save.
Optional - Change Link Wording
- Go to Posting Messages to List menu.
- Click Words Shown Above Click To Stop Author.
- Enter new wording - limited to 80 characters.
- Click Save.
What Your Subscriber Sees
A link is added to the bottom of all new emails.
NOTE: The author of the message will not see this link on messages they post.
- After clicking the link, this question window appears.
- Click Yes, Block their messages.... button.
Your subscriber will not receive any messages from that specific author for the next 90 days.
No Reporting or Reverse Options
There are no reporting options to see who is blocking what thread or author.
Anyone that clicks a Block Author or Block Thread link is presented with a web page that asks if "they are sure". If they click the button to proceed, that action is irreversible.
To help explain this option to subscribers, share this web page link with them: