Help, I'm getting duplicate messages from the mailing list
Your email address can only be on our mailing list one time. Our system will not allow two same email addresses on a mailing list.
The problem may occur due to different reasons, for example, synchronization with Palms, Blackberry's, or Pocket PC PDAs, restoring Exchange public folders from backups, using Netfolders, incorrect Outlook rules and many other reasons.
Here are some common reasons as to why this problem may occur:
The most common reason that people end up with duplicates is because they are using Outlook, and have duplicate filters.
The second most common reason is they have two different email addresses on the mailing list, and both are ending up in the same email reader.
Problems with Microsoft Outlook:
1. Check the Rules and make sure that copies are not being made to the Inbox.
2. Check the task manager and make sure that there is only one instance of Outlook running. Two instances of outlook.exe running can produce two messages arriving at the same time.
3. You may also delete/remove ALL your e-mail accounts and recreate them.
4. If you are running Outlook XP, be sure that you are at service pack 2 or later.
5. There is also another known issue with Microsoft Outlook: When you log on to Microsoft Outlook by using a profile that contains two Post Office Protocol (POP3) accounts, you may be prompted to provide a password for one of the accounts, and you may receive duplicate e-mail messages from the accounts. Visit this link for more details: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=284404