Web Archives: Long Term Message Storage
Web Archives is an optional feature in the premium package offered by Mail-List.com.
Your messages are stored online, making them convenient to search and reference.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Benefits of Web Archives
Your Subscribers will appreciate being able to reference past conversations quickly & easily.
If your group has long conversations about the same topic, ANYONE can find and view every message sent.
Archive search filters include:
- Messages by Thread
- Messages by Date
- Jump to a specific date and scroll all.
Review this live example of an Archive to see for yourself!
2. How It Works
- Archives are viewed via any web browser. (Edge, Firefox, Chrome)
- Archives can be either public or password protected.
- List Owner can delete individual messages, if needed.
- Attachments are stored for one month.
Detailed instructions are available for using the archive and can be shared with Subscribers.
3. How to Share the Archive
- Send the unique URL to your Subscribers.
- Share the password, if you created one.
- That's it!
4. Use the Web Interface to Change Settings
Log into your mail-list account at https://database.mail-list.com.
- Click Customize Your List.
- Click Premium Price Options.
- Click Searchable Web Archives.
- Click Create Web Archive.
- Click Save.
Effective immediately, messages sent to the List will be saved in your Web Archives.
5. Password Protection
Protect your Web Archives from the public by adding a password.
In the Premium Options Menu, click Password To See Web Archives.
6. Search Engine Access & Protecting Subscribers' Email
Obscure your Subscriber's email addresses to protect their identity and contact information.
To make searching easier, allow Google to access your Archive to read and index the information.
Both of these options are available in the Premium Options Menu.